Microsoft 365 Shared Mailbox
All you need to do is request your new shared email with us and what users need access to it and we can sort it out for you nice and easy. Once we have that set up for you in most cases it will appear automatically in the list of available mailboxes on the left of your Outlook application on your computer. However, there is an easy manual step for adding it to your mobile as shown below.
Before adding a shared mailbox to your mobile
You have two options use the Outlook mobile app or use another mail app. We would always recommend you use the Microsoft supported Outlook app for checking Microsoft 365 emails as it tends to be less glitchy and gives access to more features than a 3rd party mail app. However, if you want to use another app there are some slightly different steps to follow.
- To add a shared mailbox to your Outlook app on your mobile continue below.
- To add a shared mailbox to another mail app on your mobile please CLICK HERE.
Add a shared mailbox to Outlook on your mobile.
The below steps are on the understanding you have a few things already set up on your mobile.
- You have the Official Outlook app installed on your phone.
- You have your primary Microsft 365 user account logged in to the Outlook app.
If you have those steps above complete please continue if not, make sure you get that set up prior to proceeding as the shared mailbox will need the primary user account to authenticate.
- Access the left navigation pane by tapping your initial in the top left.
- Tap the settings cog in the bottom left.
- Tap the Add Email Account button.
- Tap Add Shared Mailbox.
- Then enter the address of the Shared Mailbox.
- As long as you have access permission to that shared mailbox it should be added to your email list, no password required.
Add a shared mailbox to another mail app on your mobile.
Please note there are many different mail apps and devices your screens and process may differ to these steps slightly. If you have any issues or if you need any assistance please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Go to the app and find the area to add a new account (this will vary across devices and apps).
- on the next screen, it should look something like this
- Tap “Exchange and Office 365”
- Enter the shared email address.
- When you get to the password screen tap on “Sign in with another account” as shown below.
- Then remove the shared account address and enter your primary account (we use this to authenticate since shared email accounts don’t have passwords)
- Enter your password as normal for logging into your primary account.
- If you have 2 factor authentication (2FA) activated (and you should have) you will likely need to authenticate with 2FA at this point.
- As long as you have access permission to that shared mailbox it should be added to your email list.
If you need any assistance or have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us.